Product No.3 of the free samples – Grease Lightning.
This is one of newer products at Lush and one I have pondered about but as I get prescribed cream off the doctor for my skin I have never bought it but on having tried it out for free I am now considering purchasing it.
The product is actually quite similar to my prescribed product Duac and Freederm cream which I also have a history of using. Both very good for acne but sadly dry the skin out.
One of the main thoughts behind this product is to create a product for spots that does not dry out the skin – it contains: carrageen moss – a seaweed – which is very softening as to not dry the skin out surrounding the spot(s).
- Aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturise
- Seawater for its antiseptic properties.
- Grape juice to cool and calm the skin.
- Thyme, rosemary and tea tree herb infusions to be gently antibacterial.
- Witch hazel, an astringent that is great for bruising and helps broken blood vessels shrink and contract.
- Tea Tree oil, a powerful antiseptic
I haven’t used the product for long enough to see if it is successful in completely removing spots but it certainly makes them feel a bit better and I have only been using it at night when I remember to put it on. I think if it was used every night it would be really great.
It is only £5.65 – a bargain compared to the price of some other spot treatments. I think I will be making a change over from my prescribed cream.